Saturday, September 10, 2016

Drunken Thoughts



Voices echo in my ears
Multiple men's images are visions in my head
and breath is seen in my air
as I wave goodbye to the doorman, who 
does not take advantage of me 
Does he know I love beer?
A man behind the bar tells me its from his heart
The dirt at the bottom of my shoes
is remembered on the bus ride home
A man's voice is reminisced in my head,
demanding another drink or additional heartbeats 
to make up for missed bass drum hits
I love his riff
I wish I had his soul 
for personal reasons of selfishness 
-Do I love you?
It's possible we'll never know, either of us
He says I have a look in my eyes,
but is he talking about me or any other woman listening
to soothing vocals?
I have no soul sometimes
I have an impaired heart
We're moving faster than I'd like or want to admit
It almost scares me
Everything comes in flashes, like blacking out-
it's scary like falling in love
And it always works or makes sense 
until you try and put it together
But it works
We are together
One day we will be
One day, one moment, permanently
We surrender ourselves to reality
I am not perfect
Just drunk


~Tina Meeks

No comments:

Post a Comment