Wednesday, October 4, 2023

My Mind Wanders When We Aren't Speaking

 


There's no reason for us not to be

talking right now.

We're both protecting our pride that cannot sunburn.

This is the extent that I know about you.

And me... I don't like

to have my vulnerability exposed where a hole can be burned

into me from eye contact intensity.

The other day, while laying on the floor,

I wished you were there

pressed up against my back.

Burrowing your soul safely there

into the comfort of us.

Our caresses used to be 

tingly, heart-racing, attention grabbing, and sexy.

Now, where do we go with it?

Do you want me to lead you to the bed slowly,

while marinating in the moments guiding us

until my feet touch the bedframe?

We then tumble down like dancers and swirl

into closed eyelids and everything behind them?

Those moments, I could savor for forever

and capture as essential oils

for future reference to bathe in the build up.

I want to melt in your hands that are always warm

and have you

say and show me that you want

even a part of me that is as tucked away

as the space between my fingernails.



~Tina Meeks

No comments:

Post a Comment