Monday, January 16, 2017

The Difference




As much as he is a mystery,
he never comes as a surprise
For someone comprised
of opposite many things and does not fully 
understand what "cis" means, 
we actually fall far from one another
See, I'm not so rugged
I'm quite structured and slightly complex
While he firmly stands his untangled roots,
he preaches, which I find difficult to put into context
Cynicism should not be continuous 
It should not be looked up to or forward to
In fact, I recall that being one of the first things 
we've ever discussed 
Establishing that he has a cynical side
as a swollen result of childhood
But I suppose I assumed the swelling went down
when we tossed around our graces
and basked in each others melting company
But I realized, something seemed familiar,
because within him, I saw myself
As if I weren't confused enough,
it was as easy to catch a virus
A spell that you don't even need to hear the words of to fall under
It almost feels like a test of sanity now


~Tina Meeks


No comments:

Post a Comment