Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Writing from 6/14/16



Vulnerability has taken me to a dark place
I once was before
Before, my nights were filled with 
popcorn and grapefruit juice
My life was the bottom of a Dock Martin
My heart was the epitome of pathetic,
with sad brown eyes,
hoping for a new day
A brighter day before long
Sadness began to run through my blood
and self pity defined me
I felt broken
A released experience that I thought I tossed
and locked away forever
But this cycle has come back to haunt me
before the end of the book
This feeling reclaims it's places in my heart once again
This ugly, ugly defining thing loves to punish me
with tears after I've already surrendered myself long ago
My love has never felt like enough to satisfy the smallest of space
I have only hoped
One day, my love will suffice
for anyone open and anyone
willing to take this and create a new with their own
Because I can't do this alone
I want to confess how much
it means to me to feel this way
Say "I love you" and mean it
Hear it and believe it
"I love you so much
and I can't say it enough"
This will follow me forever
It will never be erased
Because I am at my best
when I have seen the worst of my days


~Tina Meeks

No comments:

Post a Comment