Clouds been coating the surface for weeks
and recently when I perk my head up
those clouds pour the rain onto my cheeks
doing me in good
I can take a hit
You do the same
In fact
I'm the opposite of intact
The agonizing length of this mislabeled path
Flammable material and I'm melting like plastic
Graduating to the fragility of ceramic
I've never been so materialistic
We used to dig through tunnels just to see where we could go
Now our shovels collect rust in the shed with
the rest of the tools on the pegs
the rest of the tools on the pegs
I had you pegged for someone who liked the stability of
unknown adventure, coated with safety
unknown adventure, coated with safety
Once upon a moment in time
Grizzly Peak was shapelessly cut out right in our own backyard
Bottles of wine were timeless when the bottle sparkled when we reached the bottom
the same way your peepers did when the speakers blared
My phone never rings anymore
I look for you out the window
hoping you'd just be in the neighborhood
Never scared to get my hopes up anymore
I know my peak has peaked and now I'm slummin' in the valleys
Dragging myself through and scraping my knees just for them to scab soon
~Tina Meeks
No comments:
Post a Comment