Saturday, August 10, 2024

This Girl

 


I've been lifted and put onto a lily pad

Floating on the modest sea, and all I want to do is

dilly dally and pretend 

that I'm confident in this layer of skin but really,

I'm new here.

You're here.

We are virgins to the experience and it blurs before my eyes.

For the sea has taken us both, literally.

We are shipwrecked now to a place that never sinks

And a place that rarely anchors to the sandy bottom beneath.

She's got no anchor, she just gets sleepy.

She's whatever she needs to be for the time being.

She's a moment to fall for and harbor.

She will make you crave her here and now.

She knows how sexy it is when she floats and catches the waves.

This mermaid 

has a destiny of wanderlust and chemistry dreams.

Playing games with my recollections and wonderings,

and longings.

And all I wanted was the Evangelical details of her walls and laughs,

and the shapeshifting nature of her varying degrees.


~Tina Meeks

No comments:

Post a Comment